I’M ALWAYS ONE STEP AHEAD IN YOUR DEFENSE
My extensive experience means I can proactively take steps to advocate for you and your best interests. Any lawyer can request an offense report and show up to court. I am going to use my enormous resources to go well beyond that. From investigators to experts, I am going to do everything – and look for everything – to provide the very best defense to the client and get them the best possible outcome.
BRENT MAYR IN THE MEDIA
Facing a criminal charge is difficult enough, but adding public scrutiny into the mix makes handling your case even harder. This is why you need an attorney not only with experience in the courtroom, but in the court of public opinion as well. My experience with high profile cases has made me extremely comfortable talking to the media and painting my clients in a light most favorable to them. At the same time, I have also represented a number of individuals who need to keep their criminal matter discrete and out of the public eye. My experience can benefit you whichever position you find yourself in.
A FEARLESS ADVOCATE FOR JUSTICE
TACKLING HIGH PROFILE CASES TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS
Secured lone acquittal in high-profile federal conspiracy involving the Zeta drug cartel and alleged money laundering through the quarter horse racing industry.
Led investigations into problems with HPD Breath Alcohol Testing (BAT) Vans resulting in multiple convictions thrown out, pending cases dismissed, and a grand jury investigation into the DA’s office.
Convinced Montgomery County jury to acquit client of two counts of Criminally Negligent Homicide arising out of a double-fatality motor vehicle accident.
REPRESENTING CLIENTS FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE
TACKLING HIGH PROFILE CASES TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS
Business professionals, lawyers, doctors, accountants, artists, reporters, political activists, private investigators, police officers, realtors, and small business owners, I represent individuals from all backgrounds and walks of life.
MEANS I’M A SPECIALIST IN CRIMINAL DEFENSE
Only 7% of attorneys in the state of Texas are Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. These are the only attorneys permitted to state that they specialize in a select area of the law.
I’m one of them.
MY PAST PROTECTS YOUR FUTURE
I was a former briefing attorney for a judge on the highest court in the state of Texas for criminal cases, a former felony prosecutor and head of the Vehicular Crimes Section responsible for all DWI and vehicular homicide cases and, as a criminal defense attorney, have secured a number of dismissals and acquittals for my clients.
YOUR LIFE IS AT STAKE.
YOUR DEFENSE IS THE LAST PLACE TO CUT CORNERS.
When your life is on the line, your defense is the most important thing in the world. You need an attorney that will work tirelessly to protect your rights and keep you from losing your family, your job, and your way of life.
You get what you pay for with a criminal defense attorney
and you will get more from me.
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES
- Texas Super Lawyers List for Criminal Defense
- HCCLA Sharon Levine Unsung Hero Award
- Speaker to Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Houstonia Magazine Top Lawyers
- Houston Magazine Power Lawyers
- South Texas College of Law, JD
- South Texas Law Review
- Southwestern University, BA
I am an authority on a variety of topics and have presented my knowledge on numerous occasions.
- 32nd Annual Rusty Duncan Advanced Criminal Law Course, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Assoc., June 2019
- 2017 Top Gun DWI Seminar, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Assoc., August 2017
- 43rd Annual Advanced Criminal Law Course, State Bar of Texas, July 2017
- 30th Annual Rusty Duncan Advanced Criminal Law Course, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Assoc., June 2017
- 2016 Cross-Examination, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Assoc., August 2016
- 2016 Top Gun DWI Seminar, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Assoc., August 2016
- 2014 Top Gun DWI Seminar, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Assoc., August 2014
- 2012 Top Gun DWI Seminar, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Assoc., August 2012
- DWI Defense Project – Dallas, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Assoc., May 2012
- Advanced Criminal Law Course, TexasBar CLE, June 2011
- Defending Domestic Violence Cases, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, January 2011 – present
- Intoxication Prosecution Issues, May 2010
- Opening Statement & Jury Argument, South Texas College of Law, February 2010
- Legal Methods for Obtaining Blood From Intoxicated Drivers, September 2009
- Driving While Intoxicated Voir Dire, March 2009
- Grand Jury Practice and Procedure, Oct. 2008
- DWI Search Warrants: Filing Issues, Plea Or Dismissal Issues, And Defense Concerns, Oct. 2008
- Misdemeanor Trial Preparation, June 2006
- Prosecutor Trial Skills Course, TDCAA, July 2009
LICENSES AND AFFILIATIONS
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
“He’s honest, hard working, and most importantly, he really cares about his clients and sees them as real people needing help, not opportunities to make money. I have the utmost respect for Brent not only as a lawyer, but as a person. You will not find a better lawyer than Brent.”Read more